Sunday, January 22, 2012

Nicole's Beauty Favorites: Makeup

MakeupFACE
Makeup:FACE
a. Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream: I've been using this product for about a month now and I LOOOOVE IT! If you didn't know, BB cream (BB being short for Blemish Balm) was initially developed by a german dermatologist to soothe the skin. BB cream was later made famous in South Korea because of its skin perfecting ability. BB cream became a hit and a must-have product all over Asia because of the flawless finish and healthy look that it gave to skin. BB cream combines skincare and makeup. I love this product because I can wear it on its own for sheer coverage but it still smoothes out my skin and really reduces redness and imperfections. I find that the more I wear it the better my skin gets. It's a bit like a tinted moisturizer...but better!

b. Clinique All About Eyes Concealer:This concealer is really good because it is very very hydrating which is great for the delicate skin around the eyes. I have SUPER dark circles under my eyes and this concealer gives me just the right amount of coverage to make them less noticeable (because it's like freakin' impossible to fully hide my raccoon eyes -.-) Overall a really nice product from Clinique.

c. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation: I have to say...one of the BEST makeup splurges I have ever splurged on. This foundation is seriously worth the price. It is quite a light coverage foundation so no heavy cakey looking crap. Although it is quite light coverage it somehow magically perfects the skin giving it (and I'm being absolutely serious) an airbrushed smooth look. It is a seriously gorgeous foundation.

d. Fred Farrugia Cream Blush in Fushia: While the color of this blush may look a bit bright once you apply it it blends in really nicely to give you a cute glow. The texture is super creamy, sheer and it is also long lasting.

e. Benefit High Beam: This liquid highlighter from Benefit gives the skin a really pretty and natural glow.I usually apply it on my cheek&brow bones as well as my cupids bow. It makes skin look really radiant, I love it! (for a warmer glow I use Moon Beam)

makeup eyes&lips
Makeup:EYES
a. L'oreal Lash Architect 4D Waterproof: Really nice mascara! no clumps and makes your lashes look long and full.

b. Kiko Definition Waterproof Eyeliner: This stuff lasts FOREVER! I really like this eyeliner because it doesn't smudge and is really long lasting! Sometimes I fall asleep with my makeup on (REALLY BAD I KNOW.) and it is just as dark and defined as it was the day before! Takes a bit of practice to use (liquid eyeliners in general have this issue)


c. MaxFactor Masterpiece Color Precision Cream Eyeshadow in 'Pearl Beige': I love this shade because it can be worn on its own or as a base and it looks super pretty! The texture of this eyeshadow is also really neat, it blends really well and is very long lasting and smooth.

Makeup:LIPS
a. L'oreal Universal Lip Glow: This lipstick is really cool because it adapts to the moisture of your lips to make a unique and individual color. I like this because it leaves your lips soft with a really pretty pink color which isn't overly bright but quite natural looking.

b. Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in 'Dragon': This is basically a liquid lipstick and OH MA GAWD IT IS THE BEST LIPSTICK I HAVE EVER OWNED. The color is so rich and the formula is so creamy and hydrating. It really lasts for ages! love it love it love it! (again, another awesome splurge)


c. Benefit Ultra Shine Lipgloss in 'Life on the A list': I'm not usually a lipgloss lover because they can be sticky and overly shiny but this lipgloss by benefit is amazing! It makes you lips really soft and gives them a subtle shine and it doesn't leave your lips all sticky and gross. The color is really pretty too, a light flowery pink.

I've been considering making a video tutorial on how I do my eyeliner and makeup but I have to wait until I buy a new camera to really decide.
My exams start this week so I probably wont be posting for a little bit but I'll have two big surprises in my posts when my exams finish! :)

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment